Straight American-made Bourbon Whisky | Triple Barrel Finish | 4 Years Old
SOLD OUT | Less than 60 bottles available
Made in America, Finished in New Zealand. This limited single barrel release was distilled in Indiana, USA at MGP with a heavy wheat mash bill. We've finished it in a New Zealand ex-Marlborough pinot noir cask to round out the profile and add some dark fruity flavours, then continued its ageing in a used American oak 5 gallon barrel.
What is the Explorer Series?
Like the explorers who came before and those who ventured to the area near Herrick Creek in search of the Moose, we too want to explore the world. In that spirit, we're selecting whisky and other spirits from around the world, from different distillers and categories, to release here in New Zealand.
We will explore flavours, finishes, and categories and see what a bit of NZ does to them. We don't make the Explorer Series - we import it, finish it, and bottle it.
- Strength: 46%abv
- Mash Bill: 51% Corn, 45% Wheat, 4% Malted Barley
- Distiller: MGPI Indiana
- New Barrel: 200L Speyside Cooperage, Kentucky
- Aged in New Oak: 2 years, 6 months, 20 days
- Second Barrel: 225L Sylvain Grande Reserve Ex-Marlborough Pinot Noir
- Finishing barrel: 25L Barrel Mill, ex-Dusky Corn Whisky barrel
- Total Age: 4 years, 5 months
See it on Instagram
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.