Straight American-made Bourbon Whisky | NZ Pinot Noir Barrel Finish
SOLD OUT! Only 343 bottles total.
Made in America, Finished in New Zealand. This limited single barrel release was distilled in Indiana, USA at MGP with a heavy wheat mash bill. We've finished it in a New Zealand ex-Marlborough pinot noir cask to round out the profile and add some dark fruity flavours.
On the nose it's sweet and fruity touting dark cherry, vanilla, and red fruits. The taste is classic wheat bourbon - bold - with chocolate, vanilla, and a dark fruit finish. It's oily and lingers.
Add a few drops of water and watch it change.
What is the Explorer Series?
Like the explorers who came before and those who ventured to the area near Herrick Creek in search of the Moose, we too want to explore the world. In that spirit, we're selecting whisky and other spirits from around the world, from different distillers and categories, to release here in New Zealand.
We will explore flavours, finishes, and categories and see what a bit of NZ does to them. We don't make the Explorer Series - we import it, finish it, and bottle it.
- Strength: 50% ABV or 100 Proof
- Mash Bill: 51% Corn, 45% Wheat, 4% Malted Barley
- Distiller: MGPI Indiana
- New Barrel: 200L Speyside Cooperage, Kentucky
- Aged in New Oak: 2 years, 6 months, 20 days
- Finishing Barrel: 225L Sylvain Grande Reserve Ex-Marlborough Pinot Noir
- Finishing length: 5 Months
- 2021 NZ Spirits Awards Bronze
As our first Whisky release at Herrick Creek Distillery, this batch will help us continue to procure future Explorer Series releases, as well as build our own New Zealand Whisky inventory.
See it on Instagram
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.